Small town life is charming to some people, but maybe a little dull to others because they feel like they are missing out on something.
We truly live in a great community and the positives are many. We have many great places places to visit within our county boundaries. This Summer “Bucket List” is good whether you are vacationing this summer or just simply doing a “staycation”. Many items on the list are plain family fun things to do. I hope you enjoy the list😎. Have a great summer!!!
Summer Bucket List: Written from a business owner perspective…
1. Eat local- check out lunch at a food truck or enjoy a locally owned restaurant
2. Check out Concerts in the Commons, Wilkesboro
3. Just grill… enjoy food with your family – want to switch up your grill? Check out Traeger at Wilkes County Hardware
4. Go to an Outdoor movie- 🎥 in North Wilkesboro coming soon
5. Stroll and shop in Downtown North Wilkesboro – start shopping at Wilkes County Hardware, then walk around 10th Street and up to Main Street- you avoid the hills around town… 👍🏻
6. Do a family game night- board games & card games are great for the whole family 🤪
7. S’mores & Fire 🔥 Pit time!!
8. Make homemade ice cream!!
9. Check out the splash pad in Wilkesboro
10. Stroll on 10th Street & other Downtown streets for the Art Walk in July!
11. Play flashlight 🔦 tag
12. Ride in your car 🚘 with the windows down and enjoy your music 🎶 playing
13. Go to Glen’s to get a chocolate dip cone- it is a classic treat
14. Enjoy a nice afternoon at Wilkes Heritage Museum to learn more about the history of our community
15. Catch fireflies after dark or just stargaze
16. Spend the day at Stone Mountain
17. Visit the Farmers Market on Saturday morning
18. Visit one of our local vineyards, we have some beautiful & scenic places here in Wilkes
19. Don’t miss the Annual July 4th fireworks 💥, find a spot downtown to sit and watch the fireworks show with family & friends
20. Draw with sidewalk chalk and just have fun😄
21. Go fishing 🎣 -Kerr Scott lake views are priceless
22. Walk or Bike 🚲 the Greenway
23. For peace, relaxation & serenity- find the Labyrinth at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
24. Hold an outdoor game night for friends & family
25. Enjoy the summer breeze when it comes & the mountain views- everyone else doesn’t have the same opportunities
Happy Summer! Create your own “bucket list” or DIY list for summer. We hope to see you soon fulfilling all of your summer wishes.